University of Nebraska - Lincoln (Lincoln, Nebraska - USA)
Biological Process Development Facility (BPDF)
Used for academic research, fast-track contractual research, biopharmaceutical process development, and cGMP manufacturing of candidate vaccines/biotherapeutics.
Includes the following, all built by BiOENGiNEERiNG:
- Multiple autoclaveable bench-top cell culture reactors (0.25 & 4 L in size), as well as a 19 L NLF stand-alone reactor.
- 8x19 L NLF fermentors that are highly-automated and integrated with Thermo Scientific Prima dB process mass spectrometers for fermentation research and development of vaccines orbiotherapeutics - eventually destined for clinical trials.
- A sophisticated fermentation software system for advanced fermentation process control development
- 200 L pilot fermentor located in the BPDF's new 13,000 ft2cGMP facility, with 6,000 ft2 in modular clean room space.
- This new facility is equipped with pure steam generation, hot and ambient WFI, pure air, and a chilled water system. The entire facility is protected with a dedicated emergency and uninterruptible power supply.
The University of Nebraska - Lincoln (UNL) is home to one of the most advanced and prestigious faculties for process research and development with capabilities in strain development, fermentation, purification, analytical methods, process scale-up and cGMP manufacturing. Using a wide range of BiOENGiNEERiNG reactors & peripheral equipment, UNL's Biological Process Development Facility findsitself perfectly prepared for any path or processit could choose - as do the graduates of the facility.